python without OO

Premshree Pillai premshree.pillai at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 05:16:46 EST 2005

On 25 Jan 2005 13:49:48 -0800, Davor <davorss at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to write purely procedural code in Python, or the OO
> constructs in both language and supporting libraries have got so
> embedded that it's impossible to avoid them? Also, is anyone aware of
> any scripting language that could be considered as "Python minus OO
> stuff"? (As you can see I'm completely new to Python and initially
> believed it's a nice&simple scripting language before seeing all this
> OO stuff that was added in over time)
> Thanks,
> Davor

Umm,  just curious -- why would you want to not use the OO stuff?
Python is like pseudocode (the basic OO, which is mostly common to
most OO languages, isn't really complicated).

Moreover, using Python without OO would be like, um, eating mango seed
without the pulp. :)

> --

Premshree Pillai
http://www.livejournal.com/~premshree