Print to Windows default Printer

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 04:01:41 EST 2005

[Samantha]
| Thanks for the URL. I finally am able to print the temp file.
| Not exactly
| what I wanted, but it will work. The code I used to print was this:
|
|     os.system ("start /min notepad /P temp.txt")
|
| Thanks ALL!

Glad you got it sorted. What you describe is, in fact,
the slightly more specific version of this technique:

http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/win32_how_do_i/print.html#shellexecute

which relies on the fact that .txt files are bound
to notepad.exe for printing. (Or that they're bound
to *something* for printing, since you don't care
what it is, so long as it prints!)

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk