windows mem leak

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 10 08:22:51 EST 2005

Bob Smith wrote:
> Peter Hansen wrote:
>
>> Bob Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Attached is the code. Run it yourself and see. You too Peter. Be
>>> gentle with me, this was my first attempt with threads.
>>

>> Thanks, Bob, and I will, but not before you answer some of my
>> questions.
>>
>> I had good reasons to ask them, one of which is that I don't
>> feel like wasting my time if, for example, you are using an
>> older version of Python that *did* have a memory leak.
>

> 2.4 (#60, Nov 30 2004, 11:49:19) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]

Perhaps you could try using the new subprocess module, instead of using os.popen
directly.

A fair amount of work went into making the Windows implementation of that module
as solid as the *nix implementation, whereas there may still be issues with
direct os.popen calls (as Roel's investigation suggests).

Cheers,
Nick.