Help on project, anyone?

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 05:10:58 EST 2005

Hello Chap,

I work on various projects. Several of them would *greatly* benefit
from input from another programmer. You can see them at :

Specifically, I have three projects that I'm looking for someone to
work on, but they are all on the 'small' scale. I couldn't tell whether
you would be happy with that, or if you wanted to join a larger team.

I have listed them in order of difficulty (easiest first). With all of
them I would work with you or offer whatever level of support you want.

1) My dateutils module is out of date and needs work on it.
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/modules.shtml#dateutils [1]

2) I need an online bookmarks manager. This is a CGI script that will
allow you to keep/manage an online bookmarks page. [2]

3) Simple Version Control program for single programmer. A very simple
way of doing version control/releases for small projects with only a
single programmer. [3]

If any of these interest you then please contact me - fuzzyman _AT_
voidspace _DOT_ org _DOT_ uk (in preference to my gmail account).

Whatever you decide to do, good luck with your pythoneering.

Regards,

Fuzzyman

[1] Several of the functions shadow functions in the standard library
calender.py. Some of the return values are in illogical orders and a
couple don't behave *exactly* as documented (when adding months to a
date that is at the end of a month). Basically it's in need of an
update/clean up. It is incorporated into a couple of other projects -
and it works fine for those, so *I* don't need it cleaned up. However,
it's one of my most popular downloads - so it's obviously something
people want and would appreciate an updated version.

[2] I work in several locations and really *need* a single bookmarks
repository. I have a clear idea of what I would like *and* how to do
ti. I just don't have the time to work on it. None of the existing
perl/php ones I explored did quite what I hoped. The advantage of this
project is that you could start simple and just incrementally add
features. You could have something working *very* quickly. Basically
phase 1 - a simple bookmark manager with add/delete links. Phase 2 -
parse IE/Firefox/opera bookmark files and check for duplicates
(including sections). Phase 3 - multiple users, client prorgram with
automatic synchronization. (plus lots more)

[3] I think lots of people would find this useful. A version control
system for projects where CVS/Subversion is overkill. This would be
based on DirWatcher/FSDM (
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/programs.shtml#dirwatcher ) - All
the code for finding which files have changed is already there, and
there is an existing Tkinter GUI for Dirwatcher.