Please Contribute Python Documentation!

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Jan 9 19:30:21 EST 2005

In article <mailman.414.1105315615.22381.python-list at python.org>,
Tony Meyer <t-meyer at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>I don't think I've seen such a statement before - the stuff I've seen
>all indicates that one should be submitting proper LaTeX docs/patches.
>If plain-text contributions are welcome, could this be added to the doc
>about contributing to the docs?  (I suppose I could submit a patch, but
>that seems overkill <wink>).

It *is* in the docs now -- see the top of
http://www.python.org/doc/2.4/doc/doc.html

(This has been the official policy for some time, but you're right that
it wasn't earlier documented.  So I filed a bug report. ;-)  If you
think this still isn't enough, file another.)

"19. A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming,
is not worth knowing."  --Alan Perlis