Concepts RE: Python evolution: Unease

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Wed Jan 5 04:15:29 EST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, EP wrote:

>Roman wrote:
>
>> Maybe OP doesn't yet fully comprehend the ways of Python universe?
>
><snip>
>
>> > Don't misinterpret this response. I know it was a rambling. But
>> *maybe* you
>> > have something to contribute to Python development, even good ideas
>> only and
>> > no work.
>> >
>> > .    Facundo
>

>Am I selling Snake Oil?
>
>What I do have is a "forest" instead of an "in the trees" perspective, and
>from a forest view I see a lot of defensiveness about Python's hypothetical
>shortcomings.  No one needs be defensive, Python is an amazing programming
>language, and everyone involved with its development, evolution, support and
>codebase ought to feel quite good about it.

-skip-

It's c.l.p and people are free to express their opinions. Even negative.
This helps improve Python.

As for concepts, they are from Generic Programming  (by Musser and Stepanov)
and I feel that Python is in position to implement them to the fullest extent.
And IMHO it will be nicer than just Java-like interfaces or Eiffel's contract
approach.

I can try to write a PEP "Generic Programming Concepts".

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
rnd at onego.ru =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3