popen2 usage

jb jsbraich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:50:02 EDT 2005

Hi there:

I need help with popen2 usage.  I am coding on Windows 2000 environment
and I am basically trying to run command line executable program that
accepts command line arguments from user. I want to be able to provide
these arguments through input pipe so that executable does not require
any intervention from the user.  The way I am doing this is as below:

out1, in1 = popen2.popen2("testme.exe > abc.txt")
in1.write('-test1')
in1.flush()
in1.close()

But this does not seem to be working, when I open abc.txt file it does
not show '-test1' argument that was supplied via in1.write method. This
causing executable to wait forever unless user manually kills the
process.

Please help

Regards,
jb