Python Programming Contest

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Wed Jul 20 05:26:10 EDT 2005

Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> I'm curious about the stability of your timing setup.  If you run your
> own version of fly.py several times with the same starting seed, how
> much variation do you see between runs?

There is very little variation (about 0.1%) but my solution is over an
order of magnitude slower than some of the submissions that I've gotten.
It is likely that the overhead of my timing code is significant when
running your solution.

I may have to *slightly* revise my test code to get better results. I
think that I can do so without changing the distribution of the random
schedule so as not to be biased against some solutions.

Cheers,
Brian