PostgreSQL & Python vs PHP

Luis P. Mendes luis_XX at XXiname.com
Sat Jul 23 15:24:08 EDT 2005

gene tani wrote:

> ok, to make this less open-ended, you should mention what O/S and web
> server you have in mind, whether the web and DB servers will be under
> your admin (big diff betw python and PHP, as far as finding shared
> server accounts at web hosts), what kinds of queries, concurrent
> read/write volumes, transactions, dirtiness, etc. etc  Also if you
> build your questions to this newsgroup on past threads you've read, you
> will get absolute superb information, I guarantee it.
I'll be using Apache, under Linux.
The db server will be under my admin.
A dozen clients acessing the db.
For the first project:
Three or four of them will be using queries mainly from three tables with:
table 1: 3500000 lines x 20 cols
table 2: 3500000 lines x 6 cols
table 3: 42000000 lines x  5 cols
as an estimate.

Other clients will be very light users but need easy web interface for mouse
clicks only.

Thank you for your support and excuse me for my ignorance, but I'm starting
the project and would like to start it in the right direction.

Luis