2.4 Recent File list not working

Brian van den Broek bvande at po-box.mcgill.ca
Wed Jul 13 19:11:36 EDT 2005

Larry Bates said unto the world upon 13/07/2005 15:54:
> I recently upgraded from 2.2 to 2.4 (ActiveState for Windows).
> I was accustomed to having the most recent 10 files that I had
> edited show up under File menu under Recent.  After upgrading
> these don't seem to be saved after exiting.  I tried changing
> the number in the Preferences, but nothing seems to do any
> good.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?  Any ideas how I might fix
> it?
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
> Regards,
> Larry Bates

Larry,

You'd do better to specify just what program isn't maintaining the
list. PythonWin? (That comes with the ActiveState Python for Windows,
I believe.) IDLE?

Either way, works for me with www.python.org Python 2.4.1 and the
version of PythonWin from build 204 of pywin32 extensions.

If no other answers are forthcoming, you might want to try any support
or user's lists for the ActiveState Python distribution.

Best,

Brian vdB