Do a "Python beginners e-mail list" exist?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Jul 7 10:48:03 EDT 2005

On 2005-07-07, Alessandro Brollo <alex_brollo at yahoo.it> wrote:

> Far from a professional programmer, I'm simply a newbie Python
> user. Two basic questions:
>
> 1. I don't want to post banal questions about Python to main
>    Python list.

Go ahead.  We're really quite nice.  Extraordinarily so by
Usenet standards.

>     Does a "banal Python questions list" or a "Python
>     beginners list" exist?

There's a tutor list:

> 2. There is somewhere a very patient fellow willing to be my
>    free "python tutor" by personal e-mailing outside the mail
>    list? . The ideal candidate would be someone, sharing with
>    me some other fields of interest (I'm a middle-aged Italian
>    pathologist, with some dBase III and dBase IV past
>    programming experience, and I like nature and mainly
>    horses).

I guess I'm out, the only thing I can claim is middle-age. :)

We generally encourange questions to be posted in public forums
such as the tutor list or c.l.p so that others can benefit from
the exchange as well.  No matter what you ask, somebody else
will someday want to know the same thing, and Google will find
them the answer if it's in a public forum.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  He is the
                                  at               MELBA-BEING... the ANGEL