wxPython: Terminal Output -> Scrollable Panel?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jul 2 07:36:49 EDT 2005

flamesrock wrote:
> I want to make it so that clicking on a button that performs an
> operation will output it to the scrollable wxpython terminal panel, and
> (if possible) save that output as text (or maybe into a logfile).

The example code includes something called "PyCrust" which does pretty
much this.  (The logging part is fairly trivial, so I won't mention it.)
  I'm sure you could look in the source to learn more.  You can start by
running the demo, and finding that particular one, playing with it a
bit, and then seeing how the demo code invokes PyCrust.  Then find the
source for PyCrust in the wxPython folder (under your lib/site-packages
folder in c:\python24) and start reading.

-Peter