Filling up commands.getstatusoutput's buffer

travislspencer at gmail.com travislspencer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 11:29:31 EDT 2005

Jeff Epler wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:10:49PM -0700, travislspencer at gmail.com wrote:
> How much output are you talking about?

Honestly, I don't know.  I came on to a project were they said they
were hitting up against some limit, and had a hack to work around it.
I just wondered if others had hit some limit too and found diffrent
workarounds.

> I tried outputs as large as
> about 260 megabytes without any problem. (RedHat 9, Python 2.2)

> 262144000
> 262144000

I tried the same tests on CentOS, Python 2.3.4 and on Solaris 9 w/
Python 2.3.3.  No problems.

--

Regards,

Travis Spencer