Splitting on a word

qwweeeit at yahoo.it qwweeeit at yahoo.it
Thu Jul 14 08:36:08 EDT 2005

Hi all,
thanks for your contributions. To Robert Kern I can replay that I know
BeautifulSoap, but mine wanted to be a "generalization" (only
incidentally used in a web parsing application). The fact is that,
beeing a "macho newbie" programmer (the "macho" is from Steven
D'Aprano), I wanted to show how beaufiful solutions I can find...
Luckily there is Joe who shows me that he most of my "beautiful" code
(working, of course!) can be replaced by:
list=p.split(s)
Bernard... don't get angry, but I prefer the solution of Joe. It is
more general, and, besides that, for me "pythonic" means simple and
short (I may be wrong...).
By the way, I have found an alternative solution to the problem of
lists "unique", without sorting, but non beeing enough "macho"...
Bye.