On fighting fire with fire...

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Thu Jul 28 10:14:18 EDT 2005

projecktzero wrote:
> but..but...It's so much more fun to unleash your anger and fire back
> with all guns blazing fanning the flame war that most discussion groups
> degenerate into after a couple of responses. =)
>
> Actually, I had some self restraint yesterday. I wanted to write a
> ripping response to an antagonistic flame bait message on another
> group. I wrote it, decided it wouldn't help much, and deleted it. I
> guess I got it out of my system by just writing it.

That's what I do. I sometimes have something I want to say, so I write
my rant. Once I get it out of my system, I realize that it isn't adding
anything to the discussion, and delete it. The part of my brain that
wants to rant is happy because it got its say in, and the rest of the
world is happier for not having to read it.

I highly recommend that people try it. It works wonders.