Wheel-reinvention with Python

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Sun Jul 31 08:02:43 EDT 2005

On Sunday 31 July 2005 01:02, phil hunt wrote:

> You mightn't have, but I suspect more Python programers who've
> written GUI apps have used Tkinter than any of the other APIs.
>
> Not that I'm a particular fan of it, it's just I like
> standardisation, because then you get network effects.

 At PyCon DC 2004, Guido was asked about wxPython: "wxPython is the best and
most mature cross-platform GUI toolkit, given a number of constraints. The
only reason wxPython isn't the standard Python GUI toolkit is that Tkinter
was there first."

 I don't think that this is a sign that we should discourage further work with
wxPython.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com