Reg file uploading

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Wed Jul 20 05:35:42 EDT 2005

praba kar enlightened us with:
> When we upload a file to the remote server we can get file type
> through file extentions.

No you can't, you can only make a better guess. If I name my PNG file
somefile.jpg, you won't be able to get the file type through file
extentions.

> How we can find out file type  if a file doesn't have any
> extentions?

One method is to look at the Content-type header the client sent along
with the file. Another way is through the 'file' command.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa