SMTP help please

Ivan Shevanski darkpaladin79 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:34:34 EDT 2005

>From: Larry Bates <lbates at syscononline.com>
>To: Ivan Shevanski <darkpaladin79 at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: SMTP help please
>Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:39:01 -0500
>
>I have found that the SmtpWriter class "hides" all the
>complexity in creating emails like you want to send.
>
>Check it out here:
>
>http://motion.sourceforge.net/related/send_jpg.py

This is good, but I don't want to send pictures and I don't know what to
take out so it doesnt send pictures.  I fooled around with it a little bit
and kept getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mail.py", line 119, in ?
      writer.sendMessage()
File "mail.py", line 94, in sendMessage
     aList = self.getImages()
File "mail.py", line 90, in getImages
     attachList  =  os.listdir(self.__imageDir)
AttributeError: SmtpWriter instance has no attribute '_SmtpWriter__imageDir'

So. . .it was good but i still can't get it to work. . .Can you help?
-Ivan