functions with unlimeted variable arguments...

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Sun Jun 19 19:01:56 EDT 2005

Xah Lee wrote:
> oops... it is in the tutorial... sorry.
>
> though, where would one find it in the python reference?
> i.e. the function def with variable/default parameters.
>
> This is not a rhetorical question, but where would one start to look
> for it in the python ref?

> a language is used by programers. Subroutine definition with
> variable/default parameters is a basic issue a programer wants to know,
> and different languages differs very much in how they handle this. This
> is what i mean that the language doc should be programing oriented, as
> opposed to computer-sciency or implementation oriented...

Basically this boils down to you being to stupid to know the difference
between a library reference and a language reference.

And still you consider yourself to be above reading the tutorial in the
first place to grasp even the simplest aspects about python? Gosh, this
certainly isn't the first, but certainly one of the most enjoyable
moronities you've been presenting to us. When does it occur to you that
that type of moron-centric documentation you're bragging about is not
needed by anybody else than you?

So start writing "An introduction to Python for morons, by a moron - the
Xah Lee Files" yourself - take your time, apart from you nobody needs
it. Really.

And stop annoying people who are willing to help others seeking advice
who do show the will and abilities to actually dig into something and
learn instead of crying out in rage all the time because python (or it's
docs for that matter) doesn't seem to fit what your obviously severely
limited understanding of concepts behind programming and computers in
general tells you it should be.

But I have the feeling you won't restrain yourself from blathering away
in this NG - so thank god to killfiles...

Diez