help with sending mail in Program

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 04:02:23 EDT 2005

Ivan Shevanski wrote:
> Hey i'm new here and relatively new to python.  I've made a few small
> programs and now I'm making a program for my friends that at the end has a
> feedback form.  I want to send the feedback back to my email adress.  I know
> I should use the SMTP module and I have figured out how to send with it, but
> I can't figure out how to include my variables in it, such as the questions
> I ask them.  Can someone explain this to me?
> -Ivan

If you look at the cgiutils module at :
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/recipebook.shtml

It contains a couple of different functions for sending emails from
Python. One using SMTP (either with a login or without), or using the
sendmail program.

You pass the body of the message to them as a string - so it will be
easy enough to construct the string in the way you want.

Regards,

Fuzzy
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python