What is different with Python ? (OT I guess)

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Wed Jun 15 13:38:19 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 08:12 am, Magnus Lycka wrote:
> Oh well, I guess it's a bit late to try to rename the Computer
> Science discipline now.

Computer programming is a trade skill, not a science. It's like
being a machinist or a carpenter --- a practical art.

Unfortunately, our society has a very denigrative view of
craftsmen, and does not pay them well enough, so computer
programmers have been motivated to attempt to elevate the
profession by using the appellative of "science".

How different would the world be if we (more accurately)
called it "Computer Arts"?