COM problem .py versus .exe

Greg Miller greg_miller at nexpress.com
Wed Jun 29 07:02:23 EDT 2005

The two machines are both running Windows XP, the desktop is running XP
Pro, the "virgin" PC is running XP embedded.  I would say the biggest
difference is that the embedded machine has only the py2exe executable
running/installed, while the desktop has the full python24
installation.  I get no build errors when compiling the executable, and
all other parts of the application run correctly.  I'll try the
non-installed moveable python and see what happens.  The idea of the
executable is that in the machines first release, we didn't have time
to work the bugs out of the executable, so we released with the python
code ( pyc's ) intact.  I didn't have this problem on the first release
as we weren't interested in displaying the file version of the .dll.
With this improved version of the product the request has come down to
have all software package versions displayed, so that is why I am now
attempting to extract the file version of the dll.  Thanks again for
everyone's assistance.................