Windows Installer with Debug Dlls and Libs

DE devrim.erdem at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 09:58:26 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have a problem with python builds since some time.

On windows, it is not a good idea to link your debug build to release
builds of libs and dlls.

But python installer gives you only release builds.

So I need to build python myself, no problem, but ....

I have never managed to setup python like the way installer does. (I
guess it does some registry and env var tricks.) For example,

- it is not possible to install extensions like wxPython, because the
wxPython installer doesn't like my custom installation
- WinCVS never gets my custom python installation

and so on.

Can you give me any hints on this nasty problem ?

Thanks,

DE