How to run commands in command line from a script

Ivan Shevanski darkpaladin79 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 30 23:43:00 EDT 2005

Alright well I'm quite a noob and when I run a simple command to change the
current directory, nothing happens.  I made a little test script to show it:

import os
cwd = os.getcwd()
print cwd
os.system('cd = C:\Program Files')
print cwd

then the result:

C:\Python24\Python Scripts
C:\Python24\Python Scripts

The cd never changed. . .  Can somebody explain this? I think I need to add
something simple, i didnt quite  get the example '        os.system('./some
--command')            '

-Ivan