Escaping filename in http response

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 11:19:26 EST 2005

I know I *could* look this up in the relevant RFC... but I thought
someone might know it off the top of their head.

I'm offering files for download via a CGI. I am inserting the filename
into the relevant http header. Where the filename contains spaces
firefox truncates it - which is probably correct behaviour for firefox
- but annoying :-)

Which is the right function to escape the filename urllib.quote or
urllib.quote_plus ?

It's probably quote_plus....... (and I'll probably try both later...
but someone might answer before that)

:-)

Thanks
Fuzzyman