RELEASED Python 2.4.1, release candidate 1

Tim N. van der Leeuw tim.leeuwvander at nl.unisys.com
Fri Mar 11 08:29:35 EST 2005

Hi,

The new installer worked fine for me (WinXP1), but I wasn't sure if I
could install over the old version and have it work properly / remove
the old version from the 'Add / remove programs' list.

It suggested a default location on the C: drive but the old version was
installed on the D: drive (and that's where I want it to be installed).
When I pointed it to the old location it didn't complain about the old
files, but didn't give me an indication either of going to do an
update. So I got confused and uncertain.

I decided to remove the old Python2.4 first, then reboot and reinstall.
(Is reboot really needed?)
And then afterwards it did complain about seeing files still in the
D:\Python24 directory.

Perhaps nicer if the installer could give feedback like 'Old
installation found; will update to new version' or something like that.

But that can be for 2.4.2 or a later time.

cheers,

--Tim