getting data with proper encoding to the finish

Ksenia Marasanova ksenia.marasanova at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 05:56:07 EST 2005

John, Serge, thanks for your help!

utf-16le  encoding didn't help. I had however to solve it yesterday,
so I used csv module to create CSV file and then import it in Excel.
Excel still had troubles with accented characters, but this is another
story: it seems that Office 2004 Excel (for Mac, but I assume the PC
version is no better) cannot import UTF-8 encoded text files. Encoding
CSV file with Latin1 encoding finally did work.

Now back to the Excel story, I also think that there is something
wrong with pyExcelWriter or the way I use it. CSV file generation was
okay, so I think there is nothing wrong with my data,  or XML parser.

I will resume in a few days with pyExcelWriter and will post the
results here, but anyway, many thanks for your time and explanation!

--
Ksenia