For loop extended syntax

Heiko Wundram modelnine at ceosg.de
Sun Mar 20 17:37:04 EST 2005

Am Sonntag, 20. März 2005 22:22 schrieb George Sakkis:
> Once more, the 2D/3D example was just that, an example; my point was not to
> find a specific solution to a specific problem.

And my point being: it's simple enough to give a general recipe (which my
example was) without extending Python's syntax, so why extend the syntax and
not just use a solution derived from that recipe that's working now (and is
backwards compatible at least to 2.3), and which is also clear in itself?

I'm not saying that your syntax looks "strange" or "bad", but there are means
to do what you want to do now, without cumbersome syntax or duplicating code,
and as such I'm -1 on syntactic sugar (TOWTDI and all)...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I think introducing syntax is the wrong
solution to a non-existant problem with the language.

--
--- Heiko.