Linux Multimedia System

Marek Franke mfranke78 at yahoo.de
Sun Mar 13 13:50:59 EST 2005

> Just wondering how you're supporting the Xbox controller. I bought a
> cable and driver a few months back to hook up to my computer. Are you
> using a Python alternative??

No, I rebuild the connector to USB and loaded the xpad-driver (Linux),
that's all. Just the same with the SNES pads (parallel-support, not USB).
The xpad-driver loads automatically on startup, for the rest I have written
a little script:

#!/bin/sh
#echo Loading analog joystick support
#modprobe gameport
#modprobe analog
#modprobe ns558
#modprobe joydev
echo Loading parallel port support io=0x378 irq=7
modprobe parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7
echo Loading SNES gamepad support
modprobe gamecon map=0,1,1
#echo Loading 2 Button Mustisystem gamepad support
#modprobe db9 dev=0,2

After that I will get some new devices /dev/input/js* and they work fine
with python/pygame.

Marek