unicode converting

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou tzot at sil-tec.gr
Wed Mar 16 06:46:17 EST 2005

On 16 Mar 2005 02:53:12 -0800, rumours say that "Serge Orlov"
<Serge.Orlov at gmail.com> might have written:

>3) There is a note in README: To compile
>Python2.3 with Tkinter, you will need to pass --enable-unicode=ucs4
>flag to ./configure

I thought this applied to Tkinter as pre-built on recent RedHat systems.  Does
it also apply to FreeBSD?  On Windoze, Mandrake and SuSE python has UCS-2
unicode and Tkinter is working just fine.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.