Lowest hassle Python web server?

kanzen kanzen at mail.com
Sun Mar 20 16:56:02 EST 2005

I keep telling my friends that Python rocks. Now it's time to put my
money where my mouth is. I'm about to start writing a server for a
phone based game. It needs to handle simlpe requests from some Java
code running on the phone at a fairly low transaction rate. There will
also be a simple web site allowing users to edit preferences and so
forth. I have just enough Python experience to decide that I prefer it
over Java for this job. It'll be on a Linux box that I have full
control over.

I can see from FAQs that there are several possible ways of doing web
server work in Python, e.g. Twisted or mod_python in Apache, etc. So
I'm wondering:

- Could you recommend a solution you've found to be the most
convenient?
- Does threading cause any more of a hassle in Python than Java?
- Is there anything similar to JSP in Java?

Thanks,
KanZen