Fork on windows

Dave Lajoie davelaj at videotron.ca
Sun Mar 6 22:32:44 EST 2005

Hello Guys,
    I am new to the list and to Python.
    I have been reading Oreilly's Python book and some web page on child process creation
    using Python.

Basically, on windows, I want to start a process and monitor its stdout and stderror.
I have looked at os.py from python lib directory, and it explicitly requires fork to be present
to "publish" os.open3

e.g.: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'open3'

if I can't use os.open methods, is there another solution to trigger an exec file and monitor its stdout/stderr?
Sorry if the question was asked. I have done several unsuccessful web search to have a definitive answer.

Obviously I would like the same code to run on both windows and linux, whenever possible
I try to stay away from window specific code, but I fear I might have to do it... ;)

Any help is welcome,
Tx in advance
Dave Lajoie