Modifying Call Tips and Intellisense Behavior

pytopo at gmail.com pytopo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 16:51:05 EST 2005

John J. Lee wrote:
> pytopo at gmail.com writes:
>
> > I like the way call tips displays argument variables for functions
when
> > you type the "(" after the function name.  However, if one of the
> > arguments to the function is something like "SomeMod.attribute",
the
> > intellisense will display all the exposed methods and attributes
when
> > "SomeMod." is typed.  This is fine but once I have selected the
desired
> > attribute and continue with entering the next argument, the
original
> > call tip for the function I'm working on is lost.  I think it would
be
> > nice if one could hit a key sequence or something to recall the
last
> > call tip.
> >
> > Are there some other python editors that have this type of
behavior?

> > If not, where should I start looking to tweak.
>
> You haven't said what editor/IDE you're using now.
>

> John

I'm using Pythonwin editor now but I have also looked at SPE (Stani),
PyAlaCarte.  I tried to get Eric3 but never could get the Qt stuff to
work.

All seem to handle calltips and intellisense slightly different but all
seem forget the base funcion call tip once another call tip or
intellisense is displayed while filling in the arguments.

I guess I would like to use the Pythonwin editor but I'm not against
other editors if they can be made to work the way I described.