SAX parsing problem

anon anon at anon.net
Tue Mar 15 23:37:30 EST 2005

So I've encountered a strange behavior that I'm hoping someone can fill
me in on.  i've written a simple handler that works with one small
exception, when the parser encounters a line with '&' in it, it
only returns the portion that follows the occurence.

For example, parsing a file with the line :

results in getting "%20value" back from the characters method, rather
than "some%20&%20value".

After looking into this a bit, I found that SAX supports entities and
that it is probably believing the & to be an entity and processing
it in some way that i'm unware of.  I'm using the default
EntityResolver.

Any help/info would be much appreciated.

gh