accessor/mutator functions

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Tue Mar 1 12:30:01 EST 2005

Dan Sommers <me at privacy.net> wrote:
>  We used to have holy wars over the appropriate level of comments in
>  source code.

Well according to the refactoring book I just read (by Martin Fowler)
the appropriate level of comments is None.  If you see a comment you
should extract the complicated code into a method with a useful name,
or add well named intermediate variables, or add an assertion.

Its a point of view...  Not 100% sure I agree with it but I see where
he is coming from.  I like a doc-string per public method so pydoc
looks nice myself...