getting text from WinXP console

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Mar 20 17:19:16 EST 2005

Chris Rebert (cybercobra) wrote:
> You want the function raw_input().
> Have you read the tutorial? I should have been covered there.

I'm pretty sure he's looking for a means of capturing
the entire contents of a console window, not just
letting the user enter some textual input.

To the OP: this is an OS-specific question, not a
Python question, and although you have a good chance
of getting an answer from someone here, your
chances are even higher if you ask in some Windows
newsgroup or mailing list.  (But let us know when you
find the answer, in any case, for the archives.)

-Peter