how to control a USB DISK?

Greg Fischer retheoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:35:06 EST 2005

I actually tried this last summer on linux and I think in order to
make it work right I had to use the hotplug features AND udev.  I had
to use udev because I needed a specific mount path, otherwise it just
picked the next in the list if there was more than one drive.

I ended up skipping that project because it was a pain and I just
didnt have enough time. Allthough, I could write to usb drives.

Look into hotplug and udev, hopefully that gets you going.