pymem.h In function '__declspec'

pythonnewbie creddy92619 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 18:27:10 EST 2005

I have installed Python-2.3.3 in the SUSE Linux 9.1 system and am
trying to rebuild an application rpm that was implemented in Python, I
am getting the following error,

/usr/Python-2.3.3/Include/pymem.h In function '__declspec'
/usr/Python-2.3.3/Include/pymem.h:51: error: parse error before
'__declspec'
/usr/Python-2.3.3/Include/pymem.h:50: error: declaration for parameter
'PyMem_Malloc' but no such parameter
:

I thought '__declspec' is used in the Windows DDLs, but I am compiling
the extension module in the Linux environment. Do I need to run
something else first to setup the correct env?