pySerial- need help.

kamarudin samsudin kamarudin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:55:46 EST 2005

Hi all,

I try to invoke python serial script via my browser using PHP (exec
function). For the serial communication, i used pySerial module. It
fine when it run it as root but when i try to run it from browser, i
got this error in my httpd/error_log

  File "weather1.py", line 9, in ?
    ser=serial.Serial('/dev/ttyS0',9600,timeout=1)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/serial/serialutil.py", line
153, in __init__
    self.open()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line
137, in open
    raise SerialException("Could not open port: %s" % msg)
serial.serialutil.SerialException: Could not open port: [Errno 13]
Permission denied: '/dev/ttyS0'

i tried chmod go+wr /dev/ttyS0 but i still got the error.

BTW, i used apache 2.0.52, PHP 4.3.10 and Fedora Core 3

Thanks in advance.

--
regards,
kamarudin samsudin