UTF Questions

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 07:26:12 EST 2005

I have a couple of questions about the UTF encodings.

The codecs module has constants definded for the UTF32 encoding, yet
this encoding isn't supported as a standard encoding. Why isn't it
supported ?

It possibly has something to do with my next question. I know that
unicode has (recently?) been expanded to include new character sets.
This means that the latest unicode standard can't be fully supported
with 2 bytes per character. As far as I know though, Python doesn't
(yet) support the extended version of unicode anyway ? Am I correct ?

Best Reagrds,

Fuzzyman