distutils: package data

Qiangning Hong hongqn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 21:05:25 EST 2005

I am writing a setup.py for my package.  I have a pre-compiled
myextmod.pyd file in my package and I want the distutils to
automatically copy it to
C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\mypackage\myextmod.pyd.

I try to add the following parameter to setup():

   data_file = [('mypackage', ['mypackage/myextmod.pyd'])],

but it installs the pyd file to C:\Python23\mypackage\myextmod.pyd,
this is not what I want.

And I don't want to specify the path in data_file to the absolution
path 'C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\mypackage', for portability, of
course.

Any hints?