Newbiw - PypenGL and OpenGLContext

Steve T essenjay at bigfoot.com
Tue Mar 29 01:06:49 EST 2005

I have been searching for a language to help with a product I am
developing - last week I discovered PYOpenGL - looks really useful.  I
found some demos which I studied to create part of what I need (a heap
of boxes) but when I try and add an image to the box faces it looks as
if I have to delve into OpenGLContext.  Now from here drawing boxes is
no longer as simple.  My main driver is speed of _development_ (not
graphics speed) so I would really like to be able to say
box(position_vector, size_vector,texture_file).

Am I on the wrong track entirely here, should I pursue OpenGLContext
or am I misusing the visual.* parts of PYOpenGL?

TIA

PS Couldn't find a FAQ that helped.