mxDateTime on Mac: Fatal Python Error

Dave Reed drlinux at columbus.rr.com
Mon Mar 7 18:38:51 EST 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 17:51, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> contact at alanlittle.org wrote:
> > I'm trying to get mxDateTime working on a Mac so that I can use
pyscopg
> > and cx_Oracle. The Egenix base package builds and installs quite
> > happily, but then when I try to import it I get

> > Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
> > Abort
> >
> > ... any ideas?
>
> Messages like these are usually the result of a version mismatch
> between the Python interpreter and the .so file of the extensions.
>
> Make sure you build the package using the same Python interpreter
> you will later use it with.
>
> > Environment:
> >
> > OS X 10.3.8
> > sys.version: '2.3 (#1, Sep 13 2003, 00:49:11) \n[GCC 3.3 20030304
> > (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1495)]'
> > egenix-mx-base-2.0.6
>
> Hmm, this might also be some weird Mac OS issue. While we currently
> don't support Macs directly, we do welcome suggestions to make them
> work on your favorite platform.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Marc-Andre Lemburg
> eGenix.com

Works fine for me on a 2004 PowerBook with 10.3.8.

I'm using Python from DarwinPorts for pygtk and am using mx.DateTime
with it. I don't remember if DarwinPorts had mx.DateTime or if I
downloaded the source and installed it myself. I suspect it's the
version mismatch problem mentioned above.

502 mac:~ $ /opt/local/bin/python
Python 2.3.4 (#1, Nov  9 2004, 21:05:33)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)] on darwin
>>> import mx.DateTime

Dave