Text-to-speech

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sun Mar 20 22:38:13 CET 2005

-- or ". . . a guru named Guido / (Who monitors everything we do) /"
and ending with something about "looking max in a Speedo," but
fortunately it's not coming to me at the moment.

The closest I have an answer to your questions about Python and poetry
(aside from the Scandroid) is a book called *Virtual Muse: Experiments
in Computer Poetry* which Wesleyan published something close to ten
years ago; I don't think it's out of print yet, but I don't keep good
track. It was out of a casual remark there (about a very primitive
program not even directly talked about in the boolk) that there came a
casual remark from a reader last year which led to the Scandroid.

Charles Hartman

"The time has come for someone to put his foot down; and that foot is
me." --Animal House