closing tabs in wxpython

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Mar 1 04:52:08 EST 2005

Raghul wrote:
> I think this need some more explanation.Pls help me to understand this
> by giving  an example.
>
> Thanks in advance

Raghul:

I've seen several (hundred ;-) posts of yours in the past couple of
weeks. It's obvious you are looking for help, but it also seems obvious
that your level of programming skill is perhaps not yet as advanced as
your ambitions.

Well, I think you are to be congratulated for being ambitious, and I
also think it's good for the Python community as a whole to realize from
time to time that adopting Python as a programming language isn't always
as easy as we who have already taken that decision might like to think.

It seems, though, that for the moment you might get better-directed help
from the python-tutor list, where there are people who are (bless them)
dedicated to helping those who are new not just to python but quite
often also to programming.

Please forgive me if this advice isn't appropriate, but if you think it
is then an email to tutor at python.org might be a lifeline, as I'd hate to
see your interest in Python spoiled by responses that are above your
current comprehension level.

If you'd like to know whether the python-tutor list would help you then
you might like to peruse the archives, which you can see at

   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/

Last month's archive might be helpful in determining whether the list
could help you, and you can see that at

   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2005-February/date.html

Hope this helps, it certainly isn't meant to offend.

regards
  Steve