Python for a 10-14 years old?

Paul Rubin http
Thu Mar 24 00:10:52 EST 2005

tnozh at yahoo.com writes:
> Is there something out there like "Python for kids" which would explain
> *basic* programming concepts in a way which is accessible and
> entertaining for kids aged 10-14 (that about where her brain is right
> now) and which would allow them to "play around" and have fun solving
> small problems?

If she's a real nerd, just give her the regular Python tutorial and
turn her loose.  Maybe you could give her a Logo book to go along with
it.  The book I used at that age was "IBM Fortran IV with WATFOR and
WATFIV" and I don't see how any Python book could be unfriendlier than
that for a kid.  But I still became computer-obsessed from it and have
stayed that way ever since.