Need Help: Server to pass py objects

Sells, Fred fred at adventistcare.org
Tue Mar 29 14:26:55 EST 2005

I have a legacy system with data stored in binary files on a remote server.
I need to access and modify the content of those files from a webserver
running on a different host.  (All Linux)

I would like to install a server on the legacy host that would use my python
code to translate between the legacy files and Python Objects that represent
the subset of data I care about, then pass those Python objects back and
forth to my webserver, which would then manage the http I/F to various
clients.

My organization prefers to use open source software.

Can anyone suggest some products to research further?