A question about the use of PyArg_Parse function

Barak Azulay bazulay at sphera.com
Thu Mar 31 12:00:11 EST 2005

Hi,

I hope I'm writing to the right place.
In case I'm out of place can you please refer to the right direction.

I have a question about the correct way to use PyArg_Parse API function.
I'm writing a C module to be called from python code  (ver 2.3.4)
In one of the function I have to cast the parameter into char *

It looks like this:

PyObject* myfunc (PyObject *self, PyObject *args)
{
 char * myparam;

 if (!PyArg_Parse(args, "(s)", &myparam)){
}
}

I have a few questions:

1. is this the correct way to cast PyObject  into char*
    I have tried the PyArg_ParseTuple but for some reason didn't succeed.
2. Is the pointer above (&myparam) is alocated by this call? ( I guess it is since the adress changed before and after the call)
3. Who is releasing this memory ?

I tried looking into the code , and will continue to.

I hope you'll be able to help me.

thanks anyway.
Barak Azulay Software Development - Team Leader  <http://www.sphera.com/> Sphera - Web Hosting Automation Office:  972-3-9008236
Mobile: 972-54-7773040