Identify and perform actions to data within stated limits

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Tue Mar 1 22:55:19 EST 2005

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:

> dasacc at gmail.com wrote:
>> I found out that doing a re.findall will split up the results into an
>> array, or rather something called a list (looks like an array to me).
>
> It may look like an array to you, but it's a list.  Python
> doesn't have arrays

Huh?

guru% pydoc array
Help on module array:

NAME
    array

FILE
    /usr/opt/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/array.so

MODULE DOCS
    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-array.html

DESCRIPTION
    This module defines an object type which can efficiently represent
    an array of basic values: characters, integers, floating point
    numbers.  Arrays are sequence types and behave very much like lists,
    except that the type of objects stored in them is constrained.  The
    type is specified at object creation time by using a type code, which
    is a single character.  The following type codes are defined:

etc.

        <mike