Grouping code by indentation - feature or ******?

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Fri Mar 25 03:48:49 EST 2005

Tim Tyler wrote:

> What do you guys think about Python's grouping of code via indentation?

This is a Python newsgroup. Assume that we all have been brainwashed.

> How would you have dealt with the issue of how to group statements?

Off the top of my head I can think of one other way: associate a wav file
with every grouping level and have your editor play it while you are
editing that particular level.

I think that would be very effective to get a Pythonista acknowledge the
merits of C/Pascal grouping markers -- noisy, but not *that* noisy...

Peter